"A Sleeping Mind Is A Dreamer"

Friday, June 05, 2009

#5310 Reason To Avoid David Letterman


(Unopened plastic model that never found a home. Do kids even do models anymore?)
~~~~~~~~~
After sleeping my usual 2.25 hours last night, I was drinking my third cup of coffee at this computer, when hubby softly strolled up behind me, patted my head, and scared the crap out of me!!
Bare feet on carpet is soundless naturally. I told him I was going to tie a cow bell to him in future.
He offered to loan me one of his hearing aids if it would help. He has a weird sense of humor, doesn't he?
~~~~~~~~
Our delivery of bag mulch arrived at 9 a.m. and the guys will be here at 8 a.m. tomorrow to spread it. Hopefully our plants will survive the summer with just one application. Let us pray.
~~~~~~~~
We have two graduation parties to attend tomorrow, so we ate light tonight. Hubby usually limits what he eats when away from home, but one party will be serving BBQ brisket, baked beans, potato salad, and lots of desserts he can't resist. The other party, we won't stay long, is a Hawaiian theme, so who knows what they'll serve. They have a swimming pool so I expect it to be 90% his friends to party, and 10% of us old folks with checks to drop off after one drink.
~~~~~~~~
I'm still cleaning that one big closet out. I find I had packratted enough batting and material to make several quilts, pillows, whatever. And what was I thinking to do with a suitcase full of knitting yarns? Somewhere in the creases of my pickled brain the plan is hiding. Oh, well, more stuff for another yard sale.
The big double door pie safe cabinet I have here in the Patriot's room, I use to store office supplies, computer supplies, etc. While searching for #10 envelopes today, I discovered I had for some reason purchased two (2) broadband routers. One is wireless, the other wired. Maybe I was thinking I would connect hubby's pc to mine??
Also I found I paid $49.83 + tax for software to convert VHS videos to DVDs that requires more brain power then I possess any longer, and it's never been opened either!! Into the yard sale box they go.

Maybe I should not be confessing this type of stupidity here? I could be blame for some crime committed a year ago, and have no defense with this clabbered gray matter I'm keeping warm.
And maybe that's what the ringing in my left ear really means, it's an alarm bell warning me that I have some shorted out circuits?
Oh well, as Scarlett O'Hare said, "I'll think about that tomorrow".
~~~~~~~~
Here is one of the Barbie dolls.


It's Friday and that means it's time for a cold wine cooler and Sci-fi. That always helps to "chill out" for me.
*UPDATE* "Kung Fo" did not commit suicide. It's reported now it was an accident, because the rope was attached to his 'jung wang' also. It's suggested he was trying out some sort of sexual ritual. Some of that Chinese stuff is downright weird.

No comments:

Visitors Stumbled In

About Me

My photo
40 Miles East of Dallas, Texas, United States
"Buckle up, this is going to be a bumpy ride."

My Master Pieces

Dragging Time