"A Sleeping Mind Is A Dreamer"

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tossing Chipped Ice...........

........for our birds, 'cause it's damn hot down here in Texas. We have one mockingbird that "owns" this yard, and even he was panting and begging for water today.

We've gotten our yard in shape for the summer ( I hope), so it's just stay inside as much as possible and pick through the TV channels. At least that's what hubby is doing, I'm actually using the afternoons to bag up more "crap" and empty the closets.

My biggest problems are the letters, cards, etc from my Mom and Dad I keep stumbling across and then go back in time to a happier time. But as it always happens, reality kicked me into the present and I get a little sad. I still miss them both so much.

Our great-grandson (the light of our life) will be playing in the All-Star games this weekend and we're so proud of him. Hubby will be attending, but not me. I've told him and everyone else that I can't take sitting outdoors in 100 degrees weather without cold wine coolers. I think they understand or don't give a damn.

I've been reading several of my bloggers and all I wish to know is where and when will the revolution begin? Our so-call "government is taking over too much and stumping on The Constitution and our Bill of Rights. I hate to say "I told you so", but I will. The Democrats only think in one vein: "Take the power and keep them dependent on us". I'm not going to get on my soap box over it, I just want to know when the 'silent majority' finally wakes up, will someone please call me?

I'm grilling steaks in 95 degrees on the patio, but have plenty of cold wine, so I'm out of here. I want to get it all cooked up before "The One" decides I should conserve natural gas and eat it raw.

No comments:

Visitors Stumbled In

About Me

My photo
40 Miles East of Dallas, Texas, United States
"Buckle up, this is going to be a bumpy ride."

My Master Pieces

Dragging Time