"A Sleeping Mind Is A Dreamer"

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pack Rat Is Good Sometimes.......

As I've mentioned before I've been sorting, tossing, and repacking a room of clutter. I am a Pack Rat going through withdrawal pains, with each item touched, I do memory search, then decide; "keep or toss?".

I've 'saved' long enough that some things might be considered "collectibles", while others are just unusable junk. This particular bedroom was designated to be my "Craft/Library Room", but most of the craft supplies are dried up (paints/clays) or dry rotted (cloth/thread) or out of print (books/newspapers).

I found a small article I had cut from a newspaper inside a book yesterday that I agree with still. It's a letter to the editor and dated 9/21/00.........(less then a year before 9/11 attack).

(I'll type it since I haven't figured out how to scan with this 4 in 1 printer yet).

~~~~Article Begins~~~~
"Where stands our democracy?"
Roger Shoemaker, Houston Tx.

"Back when the 13 colonies were still a part of England, Professor Alexander Tyler, wrote about the fall of the Athenian Republic that had occurred over 1,000 years ago:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising them the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, followed by dictatorship."

The average age of the world's great civilizations has been 200 years. They have progressed as follows:
  • From bondage to spiritual faith;
  • From spiritual faith to great courage;
  • From great courage to liberty;
  • From liberty to abundance;
  • From abundance to selfishness;
  • From selfishness to complacency;
  • From complacency to apathy;
  • From apathy to dependency;
  • From dependency back to bondage."

Where do you think we are today? Is our form of government deteriorating?

Would we be better off if the government took all our money and doled out just enough for us to pay expenses? We need answers."

~~End of Article~~~

Even with though our wake up call came less then 350 days later, we're back to sucking off the government's tit. And I think our country is rushing into the "Dependency" stage with this push for national health plan. Which will kill off more jobs, putting more citizens (and may I add, Illegal Aliens) under the "dictates" of our government.

As I've said, in the next five years Americans will either wake up and find her "great courage" to over turn our government's rush to control us......Or we'll be locked down in "bondage", controlled to the grave without the Freedoms that so many have fought and died.

With a heavy heart, I just hope it is not too late to turn our country around. LET FREEDOM RING FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA..........

P.S. I'm keeping this small article. Maybe someday in the future, my great-grandson will find it and be curious either by wondering "How was it even allowed to be printed without the stamp of approval from "Hate/Racist Czar" first, Or why his "GG" doubted our Constitution and Bill Of Rights wouldn't be protected and kept strong for another 200 years.

No comments:

Visitors Stumbled In

About Me

My photo
40 Miles East of Dallas, Texas, United States
"Buckle up, this is going to be a bumpy ride."

My Master Pieces

Dragging Time