"A Sleeping Mind Is A Dreamer"

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad

He would have been 87 years old today.
I still miss him. I miss his humor, the corny jokes he told just to get me to smile.
I miss his stories of his youth, and each time he would remember some detail that he hadn't told the last time.

I watched one of my super 8 videos last night, just to see him alive again. He was sitting at the kitchen table, eating a slice of Mom's apple pie, with a cup of coffee. His favorite afternoon snack. There was no sound recorded, but I could still hear him bragging on Mom being the world's best pie-maker.......and I smiled. He loved and protected her until the day she died.

Today being Veterans Day, Dad always said he felt honored to share this day with so many real Heros....."Plus the banks are closed", he would add just to remind us not to take life serious every moment.

~~~TO ALL THE VETERANS: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE~~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Visitors Stumbled In

About Me

My photo
40 Miles East of Dallas, Texas, United States
"Buckle up, this is going to be a bumpy ride."

My Master Pieces

Dragging Time