"A Sleeping Mind Is A Dreamer"

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Love Reminders

Remember that smart, sharp tongue Wm. F. Buckley, Jr.?

A commenter on one of the news article I read today used one of his many quotes that I remembered from back when it was first reported. Mr. Buckley said "Boston", but in today's nasty, scary political climate, I agree with the commenter's paraphrasing of Mr. Buckley's quote;

I'd rather entrust the government of these United States to the first 400 people listed in the 'Dover, Delaware' telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University.

Christine O'Donnell, is the newly elected Republican candidate running for US Senate of Delaware. Her Democrat opponent, Chris Coons, was recently referred to as "My pet" by Harry Reid of Nevada. Mr. Coons is also known for his college paper titled, "The Making Of A Bearded Marxist". A very revealing and scary paper that his campaign staff has been trying to poo-poo as just a college joke. Democrats seem to trivialize Communism when it brought up about one of their own. Remember "John Ayes" and Obama's connection?

With 44 days left before November election, I really do pray that the Delaware voters will elect Ms. O'Donnell. She would be far less a threat for all of America.

Just ask yourself this Voters, "Which would you choose to ride with? A Republican who might drive the car into a ditch, or the Democrat racing off a cliff."

To quote Mr. Buckley again; "Idealism is fine but as it approached reality, the cost becomes prohibitive." .

Think higher taxes, even higher unemployment, and even less health care when you pull the lever and DO NOT vote for any Democrat this November. They've proven they've earned the tag, "TAX AND SPEND FOOLS".

~~~~~~
All is fine here at Gopher Paradise. Fall has been delayed, still hot humid days so says the local weatherman. I don't know for sure since I don't leave our climate controlled abode daily. Hubby makes the post office run each day, just to drive his pickup I suspect....^!^

No comments:

Visitors Stumbled In

About Me

My photo
40 Miles East of Dallas, Texas, United States
"Buckle up, this is going to be a bumpy ride."

My Master Pieces

Dragging Time