"A Sleeping Mind Is A Dreamer"

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Nice Fall Saturday and Hot Mexican Dinner

Yesterday I happened to glance out the window and saw two cars pulled up to our drive and mailbox. When I looked out I saw my neighbor (the decorator) was having a yard sale. I walked over and I said that I wish I had known she was planning one because I want to do one also. She said, "I'm havng it again tomorrow (meaning today) so get your stuff ready".

So at 7 a.m. this morning, I showered, counted out some coins, and hubby helped me carry a few "loaded" (boxes) out onto our driveway. I made $29.35 total, gave a lot away including to 'decorator' neighbor, and the remainder we trucked over to the Salvation Army resale shop and donated. All done 3 p.m.

It was a beautiful fall day, sunny and not too hot. I drank a pot of coffee from 8 til noon and then I changed to diet Coke.

I was pooped from standing too long on concrete in slippers too. "So I no cook tonight". Opps! sorry, but that's how most of my 'customers' were speaking. But I do have to admire them. They can speak Spanish and even though their English is broken, they can be understood. I speak only bad English with a Texas drawl.

Anyway, I was tired and told hubby (who had sat inside watching football) that he had to go pick up enchilada dinners for supper, I'm buying. $18.35 later, I still have cash left. I'm now sipping the last of a wine cooler and thinking how really 'cheap' I worked today compared to 3 years ago. Oh well, this is retirement.

I did discover one thing by having this sale. By my being outside in front of house for a while, five of my neighbors at various times, walked over just to comment they were glad to see me alive and well. Seems they're never home when I actual leave the house so they thought maybe I was ill or something............?
What is the "something", I wonder? Hubby smothered me with a pillow in my sleep and had me stashed in the freezer? The dogs ate me? I won the Lotto and went to live in the south of France? I ran off with a man that can cook and clean house.....and enjoys it? Something, it's a useless word isn't it.

Anyhow, I told hubby tonight I must make a conscience effort to sit out on the front porch after 6 p.m. each week, so they can see me alive and breathing when they come home from work. He thinks I'm goofy.....

~~~~~~~~
I rented a couple of DVDs at Blockbuster the other day. Has anyone seen "KNOWING" with Nicklaus Gage? I watched it last night. It's a sci-fi film, and I never thought I'd say this about Gage's roles, but this one creeped me out. I won't tell how it ends, but suffice to say, be forewarned, it's not the ending we expect for Gage.

The other one is Clint Eastwood in "Grand Torino", and I'm about to go stretch out in my recliner and watch it.

~~~~~~~~
B.T.B. (by the by) B.O. came into town yesterday. Landed at Bush Internation, then drove over to College Station and met with Bush 41, at his library. I deliberately skipped through most of the news about it. I did hear B.O. really ticked off the common folks in New Orleans the day before, with his "quickie" in and out visit to a elementary school and no drive-by of all the houses still waiting for help to clean up and recover from hurricane....THREE YEARS AGO! Typical inefficient bureaucracy, yes? And he wants to govern over our health care.....God help us all!!

~~~~~~~~
I'm out of here to watch Clint kick butt.........I hope.

~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

Grand Torino, I loved it. The old guy still got it.

Visitors Stumbled In

About Me

My photo
40 Miles East of Dallas, Texas, United States
"Buckle up, this is going to be a bumpy ride."

My Master Pieces

Dragging Time